Pistachios are a great snack and between-meals option. The Pistachio tree or the Pistacia vera bears fruit 7-10 years after plantation and then repeatedly for many years after that. Iran and the US are one of the biggest producers of Pistachios.
- Pistachios can be added to soups and salads, cakes, muffins, biscuits and ice-creams.
- They are eaten as is or salted and roasted.
- They are used in several Indian sweets like Pista burfi and kulfi.
- Pistachios contain very low calorie and fat count when compared to other nuts.
- They are rich source of energy, protein, mono-unsaturated fats, Vitamin E & B6, copper, manganese, potassium and many more minerals and vitamins.
- They are considered good for the heart.
Read more about Pistachios here.