Alubukhara (or Aloobukhara) is the Indian name for dried Plums. This nutritious seasonal fruit, belongs to the cherries and peaches family, and has a juicy, sweet and sour taste.
- Alubukhara can be halved and used in a fruit chaat or dry fruit mix.
- It can be used in cakes or served with chocolate fondue.
- It can be added to rice puddings, used to prepare jams, dips and chutneys.
- Dried Plums are rich in fibre, and are said to aid digestion and relieve constipation.
- They are rich in Vitamin K which is good for the bones & Vitamin A which is good for the eyes.
- They help build immunity.
- They are rich in Vitamin C and help in the absorption of iron.
- Alubukhare are rich in phosphorous, calcium and magnesium.