Almonds are considered the healthiest of nuts. The Almond tree is native to south Asia and the Middle East.
- Almonds are used to prepare almond milk, marzipan, nougat etc.
- It is used in Indian curries to give them a rich, creamy consistency.
- It is said that soaking them overnight and consuming them after removing the skin in the morning, is the best way to have them as this enhances its nutritional value and digestibility.
- They are help lower ‘bad’ cholesterol and are good for the heart.
- They contain mono-unsaturated fats, protein, potassium and other nutrients.
- They are rich in Vitamin E and hence good for the skin and hair.
- Almonds contain phosphorous that is good for the bones and teeth.
- They regulate blood pressure, help build immunity and give a boost of energy.
- It is said to be beneficial in controlling spikes in sugar levels after a meal.
- Almonds are also valued for their rich oil content that is considered good for the skin.
Read more about the benefits of almonds here.