Raisins or kishmish, as they are known in Hindi, are dried grapes, with a sweet and sour taste. The Golden Raisins are a delicious snack or can also be added to salads and desserts. When added to curries and pulavs they lend a sweet taste to the dish.
- They are rich in dietary fibre.
- Raisins are low on fat and cholesterol.
- It is said to be beneficial in alleviating constipation.
- It is believed to be helpful in regulating spikes in sugar levels.
- As it is rich in iron, it is good for people suffering from anemia.