Vegetable Pulao or pilaf, is comfort food at its best and we make it when I want to cook something quick, easy and satisfying. This one-pot dish made with rice and vegetables has added spices and herbs, giving it a mild aromatic flavor.
The dish is also vegetarian and is great on its own or paired with raita (an Indian yogurt dish), pickle and roasted papad (a crisp thin Indian snack).
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Cuisine: Indian veg
Servings: 3 Servings
- 2 tbsp ghee/refined Oil
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 inch cinnamon / dalchini
- 4 cloves / laung
- 3 small cardamom
- 2 bay leaf / tej patta
- 8 cashew / kaju
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 chilli slit
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 potato / aloo cube
- 3 tbsp peas / matar
- 1 carrot chopped
- 10 florets cauliflower / gobi
- 5 beans chopped
- 1/2 cup cubes of paneer
- 2 tbsp coriander finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint / pudina finely chopped
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked 20 minutes
- 2 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- first most, take a large kadhai, heat 2 tbsp ghee and saute cumin, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves and cashews.
- also, saute sliced onion followed by ginger garlic paste and chilli.
- add tomato/puree and saute until tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- next, add potato, peas, carrot, cauliflower and beans. saute for 2 minutes.
- add paneer, coriander, mint, garam masala and salt(as per your taste). saute for a minute.
- add 1 cup basmati rice (soaked for 20 minutes) and saute gently.
- now add 2 cup water, lemon juice and stir well.
- cover and pressure cook for 2 whistles or till the rice gets cooked completely.
- finally, serve veg pulao along with raita.