This spice mix will bring the taste of the sumptuous traditional meal of Brinjal (eggplant or aubergine) rice from the kitchens of Karnataka to your table.
1. Cook 175g of rice and keep aside.
2. Heat 3 tbsp of cooking oil and add ¼ spoon mustard seeds, ½ tsp gram dal, a few cashew nuts, ¼ tsp green chilli paste. Roast and keep aside.
3. Fry 175g brinjal and 100g vegetables in a little oil with a pinch of turmeric powder.
4. Add 3 and a 1/2 tsp of Vangi Bhath powder, tamarind juice, salt and jaggery if desired.
5. Add the prepared seasoning, dry coconut and cooked rice. Mix well and serve.