Black Pepper powder is sprinkled on soups, sandwiches, salads and Chinese food and is an aromatic stimulant that improves digestion.
- It helps in respiratory problems
- Constipation and indigestion
- It promotes sweating to release toxins and is carminative (reduces flatulence)
- Has anti-bacterial properties
- According to Ayurveda, it is a bioavailability enhancer that helps transport the benefits of other herbs to different parts of the body
- Ayurveda also believes that pepper is a natural cleanser, can prevent earaches and be used to treat problems with the teeth
It is a good source of manganese, Vitamin K and antioxidants.