Whole Black Pepper retains its distinct aroma and flavour for longer periods as compared to the ground version. It is a very popular spice world over. It is an aromatic stimulant and also aids digestion. Black pepper can be used whole or can be easily ground to make fresh powder in a pepper mill or pestle. It is used in soups, sandwiches, salads, pulavs, Chinese food etc.
- It helps in respiratory problems
- Constipation and indigestion
- It promotes sweating to release toxins and is carminative (reduces flatulence)
- Has anti-bacterial properties
- According to Ayurveda, it is a bioavailability enhancer that helps transport the benefits of other herbs to different parts of the body
- Ayurveda also believes that pepper is a natural cleanser, can prevent earaches and be used to treat problems with the teeth
It is a good source of manganese, Vitamin K and antioxidants.
Read more about black pepper here.