Shahi Haleem consists of a delicious, appetizing combination of lentils and beef. Shan’s Shahi Haleem Mix helps recreate the traditional taste easily.
Shan Recipe: Ingredients: Shahi Haleem
- Beef/Chicken - 500g, 4-6 large boneless portions
- Bones & Joints - 500g, in small pieces (optional)
- Ghee/Oil - - 2 cups/350g
- Onion - 1 medium sliced
- Shan Shahi Haleem Mix 1 Packet – containing a. One sachet of Shan’s spice mix. b. One sachet of pulses and grain mix (washed and soaked for 1-2 hours)
1. Heat one cup of ghee/oil, add meat and Shan Shahi Haleem Masala.
2. Fry for few minutes. Then add the soaked pulses and grains mix and 12-15 glasses of water.
3. Cover and cook on very low heat until the meat is completely tender (about 4-6 hours). Stir occasionally.
4. Remove the bones and blend the mixture to a coarse paste with a wooden spoon or grind half the quantity in a blender. Do not grind it to a fine paste. Heat the remaining one cup ghee/oil and fry the sliced onions until golden. Then stir it into the Haleem. Cover and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve with naan or roti.
Shan Mix Ingredients
Grain Mix: De-husked & processed wheat (wheat), de-husked & processed barley, split yellow pea, split mung, skinless urad, orange lentil.
Spice Mix : Salt, red chilli, paprika, turmeric, papain, black pepper, curry leaves, coriander, nigella seed, cumin, green cardamom, bay leaves, black cumin, clove, ginger, mustard seeds, dehydrated onion garlic, dried papaya powder, citric acid, maltodextrin, cane sugar, canola oil, silicon dioxide (anti-caking agent).