Shan Sindhi Biryani Mix - 60g
About the product:
Sindhi Biryani is a deliciously spicy pilaf originating from the Sindh region in Pakistan. It has delicate layers of perfectly cooked rice, meat and vegetables. Shan’s Sindhi Biryani Mix helps create the authentic taste of this hot and spicy biryani.
Shan Recipe : Sindhi Biryani
- Beef/Chicken/Mutton, meat on bones - 500-750gms, small cubes with bones
- Basmati Rice - 500-750gms/ 3-4 cups, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- Yogurt - ½ cup, whipped 100gms
- Tomatoes - 3 medium, round slice/200gms
- Potatoes - 3-4 peeled and halved/250gms
- Onions - 3 medium finely sliced/1½ cup/175gms
- Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon/ 20gms
- Ginger - 3 tablespoons chopped/2” piece/25gms
- Small green chillies 25 whole/25gms
- Green coriander 1 cup chopped/ 1 bunch
- Mint leaves – 1 cup chopped
- Cooking Oil – 175ml / 1 cup
1. Fry the onions in ghee/oil on medium heat until golden. Add meat, garlic, potatoes and stir. Fry for 10 minutes.
2. Add Shan Sindhi Biryani Mix, yogurt, ginger and green chillies. Stir Fry for 5 minutes.
3. Add one glass of water. Cover and cook on low heat until the meat is tender. When the meat is cooked there should be about two cups of gravy. (If less add water. If more increase heat)
4. Shift the cooked meat to a larger pot. Spread tomatoes, green coriander and mint leaves over the meat. Do not mix meat and the green masala. Cover and cook on low heat for about 5 minutes.
5. Separately boil the soaked rice, add salt to taste in 3 litres water until the rice is more than half cooked. Remove and thoroughly drain. Spread the cooked rice evenly over the meat. Do not mix the rice and meat. Cover and cook on a low heat until the rice is tender. Mix before serving.
Store away from humidity.
Nutritional Value- Serving size 10g
Dietary Fiber- 1g
Vitamin A- 2%