Chana Chaat is a delicious chaat item that is spicy, tangy and a complete meal on its own. Use the Shan Chana Chaat Masala to recreate the authentic flavour of this tasty street food.
The Chana Chaat Masala can also be sprinkled on Haleem, dal, bhelpuri, fruits, vegetables etc.
Shan Recipe Ingredients: Chana Chaat
- Chickpea/Chana - 1 cup/200g - washed & soaked for 3-4 hours
- Potato large – 1 peeled, then boiled & diced
- Meetha soda - 1 teaspoon (soda-bicarbonate)
- Tamarind juice - ½ cup / 50g of solid tamarind
- Green chillies - 2-3, finely chopped
- Lemon juice - 4 tablespoons/2 limes
- Shan Chana Chaat Mix - 3-4 tablespoon
1.Boil the soaked Chana in 8 cups of water. Cover and cook on low heat for 2-3 hours.
2. Then add meetha soda, stir and cook for ½ - 1 hour on low heat or until the chana is tender.
3. There should be about 2 cups of liquid left at the end of cooking. Add green chillies, potato, tamarind juice and Shan Chana Chaat Mix.
4. Cook for a few minutes and serve.
Shan Chana Chaat Mix Ingredients
Paprika, Salt, Red Chilli, Coriander, Ginger, Cumin, Cinnamon, Fennel, Black Pepper, Fenugreek Seed, Carom, Bay Leaf, Citric Acid E330, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Silicondioxide, Dried mango powder.
No preservative. No artificial food colour.