Shan’s Chaat Masala is a delicious flavour enhancer. It is a mouth-watering blend of spices that can be sprinkled on to salads, raitas, savouries, eggs, French Fries, Dahi Baras, Khichidi etc. to give a chatpatta, tangy flavour.
Shan Recipe: Spicy French Fries
- Potatoes - 1kg, peeled and cut into chips
- Flour - 2 tbsp
- Salt - 2 tbsp
- Cooking Oil - 500 ml / 3 cups for deep frying
- Shan Chaat Masala – 3-4 tbsp
1. Dissolve salt and potato fries in 4 cups of water and bring to boil. Remove from heat on the first bubble of the boil. Drain and run under cold water.
2. Sprinkle flour on the potatoes and toss them well to mix. Cool in the fridge.
3. Fry on medium flame until the crust is formed. Remove from oil and drain excess oil on the kitchen paper. Sprinkle Shan Chaat Masala on it while hot. Mix and serve.
Shan Chaat Masala Mix Ingredients
Himalayan Pink Salt, Black Rock Salt, Red Chilli, Paprika, Coriander, Cinnamon, Ginger, Aniseed, Long Black Pepper, Cumin, Green Cardamom, Black Pepper, Dried Mango Powder, Clove, Carom , Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Silicon Dioxide (anti-caking agent).