Shan’s Chana Masala is used to make the Punjabi style Chana or Chhole curry. It can be eaten with puris or bhaturas.
Shan Recipe: Chana Masala
- Chickpeas/Chana/Chhole 1 cup /250g, cleaned washed & soaked for 2-3 hours
- Onion - 1 small, finely diced/100g
- Ghee/Butter/Oil 1 cup/175g
- Shan Chana Masala Mix - 3 leveled tbsp
1. Drain the water from soaked chickpeas and add 5 glasses of water, boil for 2-3 hours on low heat.
2. Then add Shan Chana Masala Mix on low heat for about 45 minutes or until the chanas turn to a darker shade. Heat ghee/butter/oil and fry the onions for about 5 minutes.
3. Then add the boiled chickpeas. Stir fry for 5-10 minutes or until the gravy thickens and ghee/butter/oil separates from the chanas.
Shan Mix Ingredients
Salt, Sodium Bicarbonate (E500), Sugar, Cumin, Black Pepper, Sodium Acid, Pyrophosphate E450(a), Red Chilli, Clove, Brown Cardamom, Cinnamon, Green Cardamom, Garlic, Ginger, Citric Acid, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed soy protein, Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Silicon Dioxide.