Bombay Biryani is an aromatic dish made with layers of rice, meat and stir-fried vegetables. The Shan Bombay Biryani Mix is a fragant blend of spices that gives this layered rice dish its delicious taste.
Shan Recipe: Bombay Biryani Ingredients
Meat (Beef / Chicken / Mutton) - 500-750g, small cubes with bones
- Basmati Rice - 500-750g\3-4 cups, washed and soaked for 30 minutes
- Onion - 5 medium, finely sliced\300g
- Tomatoes - 4 medium chopped 2½ cups\300g
- Potatoes - 3 medium peeled and halved\250g
- Chopped ginger -3 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Yogurt - 1 cup, whipped/200g
- Ghee/Oil - 1-1½ cups/175-250g
- Shan Bombay Biryani Masala Mix - 1 packet
1. Fry the onions in hot ghee/oil until golden. Add tomatoes and fry until the oil separates.
2. Add meat, garlic, ginger, potatoes, yogurt and Shan Bombay Biryani Mix. Fry for 15 minutes. Add 1-2 cups of water and cook on low heat until the meat is tender. Then increase heat and stir fry until oil separates from the gravy.
3. Separately: In 12 glasses of hot water add 3 tablespoons of Shan Salt and the soaked rice. Boil until the rice is more than half cooked. Remove from heat and thoroughly drain the water.
4. Spread the cooked meat and curry over the rice in two layers. Cover the pot and cook on low heat until the rice is fully cooked and tender. Mix before serving. Shan Mix Ingredients
Himalayan Pink Salt, Salt, Red Chilli, Dried Plums with Pits, Fenugreek Seed, Dill Seeds, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Cumin, Nigella Seeds, Bay Leaf, Fennel, Brown Cardamom, Ginger, Garlic, Clove, Dried Papaya Powder, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Citric Acid, Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Natural And Artificial Food Flavour, Silicon Dioxide (anti-caking agent).