Chapli/Chappal Kebab is a patty made from beef /lamb or chicken mince. Onions, tomatoes, green chillies, corn and several whole spices are also added to the patty. It is the perfect side dish or tea time snack. Shan’s Chappli Kebab Mix makes these delicious, spicy meat patties in Peshawari style.
Shan Recipe: Chappli Kabab
- Ground / Minced meat - 750g with 150g fat/suet
- Tomatoes - 1-2 medium, cut in thin round slices
- Onions – 3, finely diced & crushed/250g
- Green Chillies - 3-4 finely chopped
- Ginger paste - 2 tbsp
- Garlic paste - 3 tbsp
- Cilantro / Fresh Coriander – 3 tbsp chopped
- Eggs - 1-2 whisked
- Ghee/oil - 3 cups/500g for deep-frying
- Shan Chappli Kabab Mix – 1 packet, mix in ½ cup water
1. In the minced meat add Shan Chappli Kabab Mix, onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic, eggs and 3 tablespoons ghee. Mix and knead to make smooth dough.
2. Leave it aside for 30 minutes. With wet hands make thin flat round Kababs. Paste a slice of tomato on one side of the Kabab, and deep fry in hot ghee/oil until crisp brown.
Shan Mix Ingredients
Wheat Flour, Himalayan Pink Salt, Red Chilli, Coriander, Cumin, Ginger, Garlic, Dehydrated Onion, Pomegranate Seeds, Black Pepper, Black Cumin, Cinnamon, Bay Leaves, Fenugreek Leaves, Carom, Dried Mango Powder, Maltodextrin, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cane Sugar, Canola Oil, Citric Acid, Silicon Dioxide (anticaking agent).