Sambar is a staple South Indian dish that is deliciously sour and spicy and eaten with rice or Dosai, Idli, Vadai. MTR Madras Sambar Masala brings out the genuine flavour of this dish from down South.
MTR Recipe: Sambar
1. Cook 300g of vegetables of your choice (Brinjal, Ladies Fingers etc.). Set aside.
2. Cook 3tbsp (45g) of red gram dal in 600ml water with ½ tsp cooking oil and a pinch of turmeric.
3. Grind 1tbsp (15g) of MTR Sambar Powder along with grated coconut (30g) and a little jaggery (5g) if desired. Mix this with cooked dal.
4. Add cooked vegetables, tamarind juice and salt to taste. Boil for 5 minutes. 5. Add 1 tsp of mustard and curry leaves seasoned in a little oil.
6. Garnish with finely cut coriander leaves and serve with rice, dosa or idli.
This pack makes 10 litres Sambar.
Ingredients: Coriander, Rice, Cumin, Chilli, Fenugreek, Cinnamon