Enjoy the BBQ season with Shan’s BBQ blend of spices. Shan Chicken Tikka BBQ Mix is an aromatic blend of spices that prepares a delicious, traditional Chicken Tikka. This is a dish where boneless chicken pieces are first marinated in spices and yoghurt. They are then baked in a tandoor (clay oven). A barbeque grill can also be used instead of a tandoor. Shan’s Chicken Tikka BBQ Mix contains the spices required to prepare the marinate (which is the heart of the dish) for the chicken. Serve it with Yogurt raita and salads.
Shan Recipe: Chicken Tikka
- Chicken Skinless - 2 kg/2-3 whole chicken meat, each divided in 4 quarter portions with 3 deep slits on each portion
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Ginger paste - 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice - 8 tbsp/4-5 lemons
- Butter/Ghee - ½ cup slightly warm/75g
- Shan Chicken Tikka BBQ Mix - One packet (use less for mild spice)
1. Mix all the above ingredients except butter/ghee, and apply the mixture evenly on the chicken pieces and marinate for 3 hours.
2. Put each portion of chicken on the skewer and place it on very low heat of coal/gas fire.
3. Grill evenly on each side until very light brown. Apply butter/ghee and grill until meat is tender.