Read moreShow less
MDH Pav Bhaji Masala - 100g
About the product:
Pav Bhaji is an Indian fast food dish that is very popular all over the country, especially in Mumbai. The ‘bhaji’ is a mix of mashed vegetables like potatoes, cauliflower, carrots, beans etc. cooked in typical Maharashtrian style. Squeeze a little lemon juice on it before serving and garnish with chopped onions and coriander to make it truly traditional.
The ‘pav’ or bread can be buttered and toasted lightly on a pan and served with the bhaji. If the traditional pav bread is not available, the bhaji or curry can also be served with buttered and toasted hot dog buns or burger buns.
Tip: Go heavy on the butter and toast the breads till crisp.
MDH Pav Bhaji Masala is added to the vegetable while they are being fried. It gives the dish the most appetizing, delicious aroma and makes it a complete hot and spicy meal.
MDH Recipe: Pav Bhaji
1. Boil 200g potatoes. Peel and dice. Also boil 150g vegetables like carrots, cauliflower, peas and any other that you wish to toss in. Lightly mash the vegetables.
2. In a deep pan fry 100g finely chopped red onions in 60g butter till golden. Add coarsely chopped 100g tomatoes, salt and 15g Pav Bhaji Masala.
3. Transfer the boiled vegetables, 1/2 cup water and, on a high heat, mix (and lightly mash if required) for 10-minutes.
4. Then apply butter on bread slices or slit pav buns, toast and serve together.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves, chopped onions and lemon juice.
Store away from humidity.
Nutritional Value- Per 100g product (approx..)
Total Carbohydrate 55g
Total fat 16g
Vitamin A 105mg
Vitamin C 11mg