Sambar is a staple South Indian dish that is deliciously sour and spicy and eaten with rice or Dosa, Idli, Vada. MDH Sambar Masala brings out the original flavour of this dish from down south.
MDH Recipe: Sambar
1. Wash and dress 500g vegetables like eggplant, drumsticks, marrow, potatoes, peas, cauliflower, etc.
2. Boil 200g toor dal in 800ml water for 40 minutes. Retain water.
3. Soak 50g tamarind in 100ml warm water for 30 minutes and extract the pulp. Sieve and transfer to the boiled dal.
4. Separately fry 100g coarsely chopped red onions with 100g chopped tomatoes.
5. Add the vegetables, 20g Sambar Masala, salt and stir fry for 5 minutes.
6. Transfer boiled dal along with water and simmer for 20 minutes.
MDH Mix Ingredients
Coriander, Turmeric, Cumin, Chilli, Fenugreek Seeds, Salt, Black Pepper, Mustard, Pulse (Toor Dal), Cloves, Nutmeg, Mace, Cinnamon, Cardamom Seeds, Dry Ginger, Asafoetida.