The Indian dish ‘Chana’ or ‘Chhole’, in combination with puris or bhaturas, is an extremely tasty North Indian dish.
MDH Recipe: Chana Masala (Chickpeas Masala)
1. Soak 200g chick peas overnight with extra water. Strain.
2. In a large pan, heat 50g cooking oil. Fry120g chopped red onions till golden brown.
3. Add two chopped tomatoes (120g) and stir.
4. Add 20g Chana Masala, 1 tsp. salt and chick peas.
5. Stir for 5 minutes then add 800ml fresh water. Mix ½ tsp baking soda. Bring to the boil, and cover. Simmer for 40 minutes on a low heat. Alternatively, pressure cook for 20 minutes with 400ml water and ½ tsp baking soda.
6. Serve hot with puris, naan, bhature or roti.
MDH Mix Ingredients
Coriander, Salt, Dry Mango, Pomegranate Seeds, Chilli, Cumin, Musk Melon, Black Pepper, Black Salt, Fenugreek Leaves, Cloves, Mint, Nutmeg, Dry Ginger, Cinnamon, Bay Leaf, Cardamom Ammomum Seeds, Caraway, Mace, Cardamom Green.