MDH Baingan Bhartaa Masala is an Indian spice blend for roasted eggplants (baingan / aubergine). The eggplant is roasted till it is soft, and the skin turns brown. The skin is then removed, the baingan mashed and then cooked with onions and ginger-garlic. The MDH Baingan Bhartaa Masala is then added to bring out the authentic flavor of the dish.
Recipe: Roasted Aubergine Curry
1. Roast a large (approx. 400g) eggplant on low heat on all sides until the skin turns brownish-black.
2. Remove from heat and peel off the skin. Wash and chop into large chunks.
3. Heat 50g cooking oil in a flat pan and fry 15g chopped ginger & garlic until light brown. Add 100g chopped onions and fry till golden brown. Add 100g chopped tomatoes and cook until soft.
4. Add baingan pieces and half a cup of peas. Sprinkle over 15g Baingan Bhartaa Masala & salt to taste. Mix well (add a little water if required).
5. Stir and fry until it turns light brown. Dress with chopped coriander. Serve with roti or pitta.
Coriander, Salt, Dry Mango, Cumin, Red Chilli, Pomegranate Seeds, Musk Melon
Fenugreek Leaves, Black Pepper, Mint Leaves, Dry Ginger, Cardamom Amomum Seeds, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cassia, Mace, Green cardamom, Caraway, Black salt.