TRS’s Dried Coconut Halves are split coconut halves that keep longer than fresh coconuts. They can be ground or grated to be added to curries, sweets, salads etc. Traditionally, the insides are scraped with a metal scraper to get small slices of coconut.
Have creative fun and use the halves as a bowl to serve desserts at your next dinner party!
- Coconut’s most delicious use is in the South Indian kitchen to prepare creamy white coconut chutney.
- In coastal towns it is added to curries and sabjis to give a tropical flavour.
- It can be used to prepare desserts like coconut burfi and halwa.
- Coconut rice can also be prepared with this.
- Its thin slices can be mixed with dry fruits to make a healthy snack.
- Coconut provides dietary fibre.
- It is rich in iron.
- It is good for the hair and skin.