Jaggery or gur is unrefined cane sugar. Heera's Sakkar is the powdered version, packed in a plastic jar. It has a delicious sweet taste and is considered by many as a healthier alternative to white sugar.
- It is used to prepare Indian sweets, especially in states like Bengal. Milk kheer tastes great when prepared with gur.
- It is used to prepare snacks like peanut chikki (bar), sesame balls etc.
- It is a natural food sweetener.
- It is considered a digestive aid, and is taken towards the end of the meal or after the meal in some cultures.
- It is rich in iron and minerals.
- It helps relieve constipation.
- It is believed to be a cleansing agent and helps detoxify the liver and blood.
Read more about Jaggery here.