Phool Makhane are popped, puffed lotus seeds.
- They can be used in a variety of ways - in kheer, panjiri, with khoya etc.
- They are also used in salty curries.
- Phool makhane can be lightly toasted in oil with salt and spices to make a popcorn-style salty snack.
- They are rich in calcium, and protein and low in calories and fat.
- They are believed to be good for the kidneys and heart.
- Phool makhane are light and easy to digest.
- They contain flavonoids which control free radicals in the body.
- They are considered good for diabetics.
- Phool makhane contain antioxidants.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.