This is fine, desiccated coconut, almost a coarse powder. It can be used to prepare sweet dishes or sprinkled on muesli’s, cakes and cookies.
- Coconut’s most delicious use is in the South Indian kitchen to prepare creamy white coconut chutney.
- In coastal towns it is added to curries and sabjis to give a tropical flavour.
- It can be used to prepare desserts like coconut burfi and halwa.
- Coconut rice can also be prepared with this coarse powder.
- Coconut provides dietary fibre.
- It is rich in iron.
- It is good for the hair and skin.