Read moreShow less
Rice - Ind Sona Masoori Rice - 5kg
About the product-Ind Sona Masoori rice is popular in the southern Indian states of Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka. This light, aromatic rice is considered healthy as it has low starch content, making it easier to digest. It is also rich in fibre and is not highly processed, hence retaining essential nutrients.
- Ind Sona Masoori rice can be used as regular rice with gravies. It absorbs the taste of curries well.
- It is used by many in the preparation of idli-dosa batter by partially replacing parboiled or idli rice with sona masoori rice.
- It is used to make rice dishes like masala rice, lemon rice, pudina rice etc.
Cooking Instructions: You can choose from one of the following methods. For best results, wash and soak the rice for 20-30 minutes. For cooking, add 1 and a 1/2 times water to the quantity of rice.
- Closed pan: The mixture of water and rice should be boiled in a heavy bottom pan and then cooked for 10 minutes (covered and on low heat). Turn of the heat and leave it to stand, covered for 5 more minutes.
- Microwave: Cover the microwave bowl with cling film, pierce and cook at the temperature specified for your microwave model. If using a 650W microwave oven, cook on high for 6 minutes. To reheat in the microwave, set it on high for 3-4 minutes.
Store in an air tight container, in a cool and dry place.
- Higher Starch
- Lower Fat
- Packed With Nutrients (Iron, Calcium, Potassium, Manganese, Selenium)
- Lower Sodium. Regulated blood pressure