Mega Extra Long Basmati Rice (Veetee) - 5kg
About Basmati Rice
Grown mostly in northern India and parts of Pakistan, for centuries Basmati rice has been the pride of the India. The word ‘Basmati’ means ‘full of aroma’ or ‘fragrant’ in Sanskrit. True to its name, it is this delightful aroma that distinguishes Basmati rice from other rice. It is also sweeter in taste, has long grains which become even longer after cooking.
Few of the most famous dishes made preferably with Basmati rice are:
- Biryani (cooked with various vegetables and /or meat)
- Pulao (cooked with various vegetables or meat)
- Sweet rice pudding or Kheer (with fruits, milk and ghee)
- Plain rice (served with lentils soup called dal or sambhar)
Store in an air tight container, in a cool and dry place.
- Helps to control diabetes
- High in Fiber
- Lowers the risk of heart diseases
- Reduces the risk of cancer
- Rich in vitamins
Nutritional Value- Per 100g
Energy- 1487KJ/ 350kcal