This Basmati rice from Laila is truly extra-long. It has superior, fine quality and a delicate fragrance and flavour. Each long grain remains separate, fine and fluffy.
About Basmati Rice
The word ‘Basmati’ means ‘full of aroma’ or ‘fragrant’ in Sanskrit. True to its name, it is this delightful aroma that distinguishes Basmati rice from other rice. It is also said to be sweeter in taste, has long grains which become even longer after cooking. It is the preferred choice not only in the Indian subcontinent but also outside.
Few of the most famous dishes made preferably with Basmati rice are:
- Biryani (cooked with various vegetables and /or meat).
- Pulao (cooked with various vegetables or meat).
- Sweet rice pudding or Kheer (with fruits, milk and ghee).
- Plain rice (served with lentils soup called dal or sambhar).
- Basmati rice is low in fat, cholesterol and sodium and is gluten-free.
- It is rich in nutrients and natural fibre.