Annam idli rice - 5kg (Pack of 2) 25% Off
As the name suggests, Annam’s Idli rice is used to prepare the batter for South Indian idlis and dosas. Idlis are soft, fluffy steamed rice-lentil cakes that are part of the staple diet in states like Tamil Nadu, Kerala etc. They can be served as is with sambhar and chutneys. Or shallow fried in oil with seasoning and molagappodi powder (chutney powder). Idlis can also be mixed with curd, seasoned with curry leaves, mustard and chillies and served cold.
Idli batter recipe
1. Soak 3 cups Idli rice and 1 cup Urid dal separately, overnight. One spoon methi seeds can also be added to the soaked rice.
2. Grind the rice and dal in the morning and mix well.
3. Add salt and leave the batter to ferment for 8-10 hours in a warm place.
4. Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.
Some people use different proportions of rice and lentils. Instead of 3:1, it can be 4:1.
Idli’s health benefits
- Each idli contains very minimal fat and cholesterol and adds just 40-50 calories.
- It is a light snack that provides proteins and carbohydrates.