India Gate Premium Basmati rice is known for its fine quality, delicate fragrance and flavour. Each long grain remains separate and fine after cooking.
About Basmati Rice
Grown mostly in northern India and parts of Pakistan, for centuries Basmati rice has been the pride of the India. The word ‘Basmati’ means ‘full of aroma’ or ‘fragrant’ in Sanskrit. True to its name, it is this delightful aroma that distinguishes Basmati rice from other rice. It is also sweeter in taste, has long grains which become even longer after cooking.
Few of the most famous dishes made preferably with Basmati rice are:
- Biryani (cooked with various vegetables and /or meat)
- Pulao (cooked with various vegetables or meat)
- Sweet rice pudding or Kheer (with fruits, milk and ghee)
- Plain rice (served with lentils soup called dal or sambhar)
- Basmati rice is low in fat, cholesterol and sodium and is gluten-free
- It is rich in nutrients and natural fibre