Powa - TRS Rice Flakes - 1kg
About the Product:
Rice flakes are prepared by flattening dehusked rice. This flattened rice or pressed rice makes for a light, healthy and delicious Indian snack and breakfast dish. TRS medium rice flakes are very delicate and can be prepared in a variety of ways - salted, with yoghurt, or pressed into cutlets or tikkis. It is quick to prepare and nutritious.
Poha is a popular dish from Central and North India. To prepare it, the rice flakes are soaked in water for a few minutes. Curry leaves and mustard seasoning are added to hot oil, followed by vegetables. When the vegetables are soft, the rice flakes are added and garnished with peanuts, and a little grated coconut.
- Flattened rice can be eaten raw by immersing it in plain water or milk, with salt and sugar to taste, or lightly fried in oil with nuts, raisins, cardamoms, and other spices.
- The lightly fried variety is a standard breakfast in Madhya Pradesh.
- It can be reconstituted with hot water to make a porridge or paste, depending on the proportion of water added.
Store in a cool dry place. once opened, keep tightly closed and consume within the best before end date.
- It is a good source of carbohydrates
- Packed with iron and fibre
- A good source of antioxidants and essential vitamins
- It is known to be good for those who have diabetes, skin and heart problems
Nutritional Values Per 100g :-
of which saturates: 0.2g
of which sugars: 0.2g