Murukku is a South Indian savoury that was traditionally prepared during festivals. The word Murukku means ‘twists’ in Tamil. It is known by the name ‘Chakli’ in some parts of India. Crunchy and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, this salty snack is addictive and impossible to resist. You can munch on it all day long!
Now prepare fresh murukkus in your own kitchen using MTR’s Murukku mix.
1. Mix 1 measure of MTR Murukku mix with ½ measure of water.
2. Knead the mix gently into a dough. Add butter or coconut milk while preparing the dough, if desired.
3. Add cumin, sesame and Bishop’s weed for added flavour if desired.
4. Fill the dough into a murukku press.
5. Press the dough into coil-shaped murukkus on a plastic sheet smeared with oil.
6. Deep fry till light brown.
Read more about murukku here.