Dahi Bara is a Punjabi chaat item that consists of round Baras that are deep-fried, soaked in curd and garnished with tamarind chutney and chopped coriander leaves. They go well with chana- poori and other chaat items. The Shan Dahi Bara Mix helps make this complicated dish easily and quickly.
Shan Recipe: Dahi Bara
- Yogurt – 2 cups / 500g, cold
- Ghee / oil – 3 cups / 500g, for deep frying
- Powdered sugar – 1 tbsp
- Shan Dahi Bara Mix – 1 Packet
1. Mix one cup of lukewarm water in Shan Dahi Bara Mix to make a smooth batter. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
2. In hot ghee/oil pour a few tablespoons of batter to make small round balls. Fry till light golden. Remove from oil and spread. Allow the dumplings to cool for few minutes.
3. Refry the dumplings in hot ghee until golden and remove from ghee/oil. Spread to cool for few minutes. Then soak in lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes. Drain the water and gently squeeze out the excess water.
4. Add powdered sugar to the cold yogurt and stir to completely dissolve the sugar. Then add the dumplings.