Many Indians still follow the ancient tradition of drinking water in the copper cup in the morning as it has many benefits. According to Ayurveda, the copper cup energizes the water, cleanses it of bacteria and water stored in it absorbs the copper which is vital for the body.
Fill the cup with water in the evening, leave it to stand overnight, and drink the water the next morning. From a scientific point of view, the water has absorbed pure copper, a mineral which in this form is essential for the body.
It is believed to have the following benefits:
- Drinking water from a copper cup slows down the ageing process.
- It helps in arthritis.
- It is considered a brain stimulant.
- It helps absorb iron, improves immunity.
- It ensures the proper functioning of thyroid glands.
- Helps in melanin production.
It is said that the water stored in a Copper Cup doesn’t get stale and can be stored for longer periods.