24 Mantra Organic toor dal - 500g
Brand- 24 Mantra
About the product:
Toor dal is also known as Tur Dal, Tuvar Dal, or Arhar Dal. It’s mild, nutty flavour gives the curry a delicious taste, making it one of the most commonly used lentils in Indian cooking. It can be served with rice or Indian breads like roti, naan etc.
- Toor Dal is the main ingredient used in the South Indian sambhar.
- It can also can also be used to prepare khichidi.
- Toor dal is also used for Rajasthani dishes like Dal Baati.
1. Pressure cook Toor Dal for approximately 15-20 minutes in water with salt and turmeric powder till the Dal is soft. (Boil further if required)
2. Soak a little Imli (tamarind) in water for half an hour and then remove the pulp.
3. Heat oil, add onions and fry, add tamarind water, vegetables of choice (eg: separately fried ladyfingers, drumsticks), turmeric, salt, heeng (asafetida) and Sambhar powder.
4. When vegetables are cooked add the Toor Dal.
5. Season the Sambhar with mustard seeds, 1 spoon Urid Dal and curry leaves.
6. Serve with rice or Dosa / Idli.
- Toor Dal is a very good source of carbohydrates, protein, fibre and fat.
- It contains a lot of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron.
- It also contains folic acid which is essential for women.
Nutritional Information: Per 100 g
Energy- 330 kcal
Protein- 21.7 g
Dietary Fiber- 9g
Storage: Store the dal in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.