Inclusion of TRS Soya Chunks in a vegetarian and vegan diet is considered essential as they are a very rich source of protein, which is otherwise difficult for vegetarians to find in such nutritious quantities. In fact, the protein content is believed to be higher than that found even in meat.
- Soya chunks are usually need to be soaked in water before use and can be consumed in curry form or with a dry masala.
- They can be added to rice pulav, soups, chillis & burgers etc.
- Soya Chunks are low in fat content.
- They have been valued as a health food also because they are rich in fibre and several vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
- They are believed to be helpful in lowering LDL cholesterol and in keeping diabetes at bay.
- They are considered good for the bones as they are rich in Vitamin K.