TRS Roasted Chana is prepared by dry roasting chickpeas on a low flame to retain its flavour and goodness. This crunchy snack provides the perfect combination of health and taste!
- It can be eaten as is or in the traditional Indian combination with gur or jaggery (this variation is known as gur chana).
- Chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, salt, chat masala, lemon juice and roasted chana come together to make a delicious and quick chaat preparation.
- Roasted Chana can be used in the preparation of chutney and poha (chivda) ack.
- It can be dehusked, grounded and can be used in sweets.
- It is considered a healthy snack option for those having high cholesterol and diabetes (as it has a low glycemic index)
- It is a good source of dietary fibre, calcium, folate, phosphorous etc.
- It is low in calories and fat, high in protein and iron.
Storage: Store the TRS Roasted Chana in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
1. Grind half a coconut or 150g desiccated coconut, 1 tbsp fried gram, 1 green chilli, a pinch of hing and a handful of coriander leaves (optional) to a fine paste using a little water. Add salt.
2. Prepare the tadka by heating oil and adding mustard seeds, Urid Dal and curry leaves. Season the chutney with this.