Red Kidney Beans Tin - 400G.
Drained weight: 240G
As the name suggests, Rajma or Red Kidney Beans are deep red, kidney-shaped beans that are popular all over the world. In India, the Rajma curry is a North Indian favourite – a regular at home and the number one option on the menu when hosting dinners for guests. These pre-boiled TRS Red Kidney Beans are almost ready to use, requiring only a few minutes of cooking with the curry masala to absorb the flavour of the gravy.
The rajma gravy has a gorgeous red colour and is thick and creamy. It is a great combination of health and taste. The beans retain their shape and aborb flavours well.
- Can be added to the non-vegetarian dishes like Hack Fleisch (mix of beef and pork) and Chilly Con Carne.
- Sautéed with spices, tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger, it can be served as an Indian main course dish along with rice and roti.
- It can also be added to salads and chaats.
- They are rich in dietary fibre and help reduce bad cholesterol.
- They are also rich in iron which increases energy levels.
- They are high in protein and can act as a great substitute for meat etc. for vegetarians.
- They also help in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Red Kidney Beans are rich in anti-oxidants and hence have a lot of anti-aging power in them.
- They contain vitamin K which is also very important for brain functioning
- They also have Biotin which is responsible for healthy hair and nails.
- They are rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium, Niacin.
Recipe: Rajma Curry
1. Take 2 Rajma tins, remove the water, wash and set aside.
2. Fry chopped onions in a little oil. Then add ginger, tomatoes, green chillies. Add a little garam masala (1/2 tsp). Fry till the ingredients are well cooked (alternatively, the onions and tomatoes can be ground separately and then fried with masalas)
3. Add Rajma masala (1 tsp) and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add this to the boiled Rajma and mix well.