TRS/Natco Pink Peanuts - 375g
Brand : TRS / Natco
About the product:
Good things come in small packages, goes the saying. It certainly holds true for peanuts. This crunchy, golden-brown legume, also known as Groundnut, is considered a Superfood. It is a popular sweet or salty snack.
- Peanuts are packed with essential micronutrients, mono-unsaturated fats, antioxidants, dietary fibre, protein and energy.
- They are a rich source of Vitamin E and minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium etc.
- Peanuts can be enjoyed roasted, boiled, salted, or sweetened.
- Roasting the peanuts not only enhances their taste but augments antioxidants levels like p-coumaric acid, and helps remove toxic aflatoxin.
- Peanut chutney or paste can be made by grinding together peanuts, chilli peppers, coriander leaves, garlic, mustard seeds, and salt.
- They can be added to Upma, Poha (chivda) or Puliogare rice to give the snack / dish a crunchier taste.
- They can be ground to a paste and added to a gravy to thicken it.
- It can be added to any main dish where nutty flavour and a bit of crunch is required by roasting and grinding it. Keep it a bit grainy to have the flavour distinguishable.
1. Rinse 1 cup sabudana a few times in water. Drain excess water leaving just a little to help soften it.
2. Dry roast 3/4 cup skinned peanuts until they become crisp. Set aside to cool. Then grind it to get a grainy texture.
4. Mix the ground peanuts, salt and (½ to 1 tsp) sugar, 1 tbsp. lemon juice with the drained sabudana pearls.
5. Heat 2 tbsp oil and crackle 1 tsp cumin with 1 chopped green chilli. Add the sabudana - peanuts mixture and sauté for 5 minutes on low flame stirring continuously till cooked.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Storage: Store the peanuts in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.