Read moreShow less
TRS Rosecoco Beans - 500g
Brand : TRS
About the product:
TRS Rosecoco Beans are also known as Borlotti Beans and are often used in Italian and Indian cooking. Like Rajma, they are kidney-shaped but in a lighter pink with dark reddish spots. They have a rich, creamy texture.
- Rosecoco beans be added to the non-vegetarian dishes like Hack Fleisch (mix of beef and pork) and Chilly Con Carne.
- Sautéed with spices, tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger, it can be served as part of the Indian main course along with rice and roti.
- It can also be added to salads and chaats.
- It can be used in soups, pastas and casseroles.
Recipe: Rosecoco Curry
1. Soak Rosecoco beans overnight. Then pressure cook (for over an hour) till soft.
2. Fry chopped onions. Then add ginger, tomatoes, green chillies. Add a little garam masala (1/2 tsp). Fry till the ingredients are well cooked (alternatively, the onions and tomatoes can be ground separately and then fried with masalas)
3. Add Rajma masala (1 tsp) and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add this to the cooked Rosecoco beans and mix well.
Storage: Store the Rosecoco Beans in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
- They are rich in dietary fibre and help reduce bad cholesterol.
- They are also rich in iron which increases energy levels.
- They are high in protein and can act as a great substitute for meat etc. for vegetarians.
- Rosecoco beans are rich in anti-oxidants and hence have a lot of anti-aging power in them.
- They are rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium.
Nutritional Value per 100gm
Calories/Energy - 1120kJ/260kcal
Fat - 2.7g
of which saturates - 0g
Carbohydrates - 46g
of which sugars - 3.5g
Fiber - 12.5g
Protein - 21g
Salt - 0g