TRS Red Kidney Beans (Rajma) - 1kg
Brand : TRS
About the product:
As the name suggests, Rajma or Red Kidney Beans are deep red, kidney-shaped beans that are popular all over the world. In India, the Rajma curry is a North Indian favourite – a regular at home and the number one option on the menu when hosting dinners for guests.
The rajma gravy has a gorgeous red colour and is thick and creamy. It is a great combination of health and taste. As the Rajma beans take time to cook, they are soaked overnight.
The beans retain their shape and absorb flavors well. Store the Rajma in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
- Can be added to the non-vegetarian dishes like Hack Fleisch (mix of beef and pork)
- Sautéed with spices, tomatoes, onion, garlic and ginger, it can be served as an Indian main course dish along with rice and roti.
- It can also be added to salads and chaats.
1. Soak Rajma overnight. Then pressure cook (for over an hour) till soft.
2. Fry chopped onions. Then add ginger, tomatoes, green chillies. Add a little garam masala (1/2 tsp). Fry till the ingredients are well cooked (alternatively, the onions and tomatoes can be ground separately and then fried with masalas)
3. Add Rajma masala (1 tsp) and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add this to the cooked Rajma and mix well.
Storage: Store the dal in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
- They are rich in dietary fibre and help reduce bad cholesterol.
- They are also rich in iron which increases energy levels.
- They are high in protein and can act as a great substitute for meat etc. for vegetarians.
- They also help in stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Red Kidney Beans are rich in anti-oxidants and hence have a lot of anti-aging power in them.
- They contain vitamin K which is also very important for brain functioning
- They also have Biotin which is responsible for healthy hair and nails.
- They are rich in minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium, Niacin.
- Energy/Calories: 1429kJ/336kcal
- Fat: 1.4g
- of which saturates: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 57.3g
- of which sugars: 4.6g
- Fiber: 15.7g
- Protein: 24.7g