TRS Mung Beans (Whole) - 500g
Brand : TRS
About the product:
This is TRS Mung Bean whole, with the green husk. Also known as Green gram, lentils, mung or moong beans, the little green circular-shaped beans - are popular all over the world. One bowl of these cooked lentils will not only help you lose weight, but will keep you full for a long time. Moong beans are considered one of the best vegetarian food products.
- They taste delicious as a regular dal or as sprouts. The beans can be soaked overnight, then tied in a moist cloth for 10-12 hours and left to sprout.
- Mung bean sprouts can be cooked with the spices, onions, garlic, ginger and tomatoes and can be served with roti, rice, naan etc.
- The sprouts can be added to salads and chaats.
- They are used in Bengal to make ‘Dal Tadka’ a thick, drier version of the dal, with the delicious addition of a raw egg cracked onto the finished, hot dal right at the end.
- They are used to prepare Mung dal chillahs or chilla or pancakes.
- They can be used in snacks (the Indian spicy mixture or ´Dal Moth´).
- Mung Beans are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals which are good for the skin and hair.
- They provide dietary fiber.
- They are believed to be helpful in reducing bad cholesterol.
- They are said to be good for diabetics.
- Green gram is believed to have anti-cancer effects. Study has shown that consuming these beans twice a week lowers the risk of breast and stomach cancer.
- Mung beans sprouts have supposedly been found beneficial for these suffering from high blood pressure.
- As Mung Beans contain good amounts of magnesium, they are recommended for people pre-disposed to heart diseases.
- They are a good source of protein, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, etc.
- They contain Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Folate, Copper and Manganese.
- Mung Beans are low in calories, saturated fat, sodium, and cholesterol.
Nutritional Facts Per 100gm
Energy(Kj) - 1041Kj
Energy(Kcal) - 251Kcal
Fat - 2.5g
Carbs - 36.3g
Of which sugar - 4.5g
Dietary Fiber - 10g
Salt - 1g
Storage: Store the dal in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.