Maida (All Purpose Flour) (Annam) - 1kg
About the brand:
Maida is fine, milled and refined wheat flour, also known as all purpose or plain / general flour. It is made from the endosperm of the grain while the bran is removed. Annam Maida is fine, white and powdered and is a versatile flour regularly used in the Indian cuisine.
- It is often used in Indian cooking to prepare Indian breads such as naans, or snacks such as samosas.
- Vegetables can be coated in a wet maida - cornflour mixture and deep-fried to make them crisp.
- A lot of international recipes also call for the use of all purpose flour to make sauces for pasta, biscuits, special breads etc.
- Maida is also used as a thickening agent.
Storage: Store away from humidity.
· Energy/Calories: 1461kJ/349kcal
· Fat: 1g
· of which saturates: 0g
· Carbohydrates: 75g
· of which sugars: 0g
· Protein: 10g