TRS / Heera Bajri Atta (Millet Four) - 1kg
About the Product:
TRS Bajri Flour (also called Bajra Flour) is made from the grains of Bajra or Pearl Millet. India is said to be the largest producer of Pearl Millet. It is very nutritious and can be used alone or mixed with other types of flours like Juwar, Ragi and wheat flour to make an even more wholesome variation of the regular chappati. .
- It can used to prepare staple Indian fresh flat breads - the soft, round rotis, hot butter naans, ghee-rich parathas and crispy puris, etc.
- It is also a key ingredient in certain types of snacks (like 'Mathri') and some desserts like Atte ka Halwa (whole wheat halwa).
Basic Recipe: Making Roti: It’s simple & quick – Take the required quantity of atta and slowly add water (in small quantities) and knead well. The dough should not be too wet (you know that it is when it doesn’t stop sticking to your hands!), or made with too little water (as that will make the finished rotis dry and harden quickly). The final dough comes clean off the container that you are kneading it in. Make small balls and roll them out (coat with dry atta powder when needed). Then cook on both sides on medium-heat in a pan and watch the roti rise! Drizzle ghee on the hot roti for added flavour!
Storage: Store in a dry place away from humidity.
- It is said to be good for those suffering from acidity.
- It is rich in iron, calcium, folic acid, protein, fibre and phosphorous.
- Bajri atta is gluten-free, and is easily digestible.
- It is considered good for Diabetics.
It is rich in minerals like calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and selenium as well as essential vitamins like folate, pantothenic acid, niacin, riboflavin, and Vitamins B6, C, E, and K. Many of the most powerful health benefits millet has to offer are related to its fiber content.