Urid Dal with its black husk
TRS Urid Whole (Black) - 1kg
Brand : TRS
About the product:
This Urid (Urad) Dal is whole with its natural black husk. It needs to be soaked for a few hours before use. This ensures that it cooks faster. Once softened, the Urid dal thickens to form a delicious, rich gravy. Dals with husk are generally considered more nutritious in India and Black Urid is rich in proteins and iron, making it the perfect energy booster in a vegetarian diet.
- Recipe: Dal Makhani
A dish from Punjab, Dal Makhani is made with Black Urid Dal (whole) and Rajma (Kidney Beans).
1. Soak the dal and Rajma for at least 4-5 hours.
2. Pressure cook with turmeric, and salt for 20 minutes. This dal and Rajma combination takes longer to cook and may require repeated checking and further pressure cooking. Ensure enough water is in the dal to avoid it sticking and burning at the bottom of the cooker.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add jeera (cumin), garlic, ginger, and chopped onions, and fry till golden brown.
4. Add garam masala and green chillies. Then put in chopped tomatoes and fry till onions and tomatoes blend well.
5. Add this to the boiled dal and garnish with cream and coriander leaves.
6. Add generous amounts of butter to the dal.
Storage: Store the dal in an airtight container, in a cool, dry place.
Nutritional Facts Per 100gm
Energy(Kj) - 1169Kj
Energy(Kcal) - 275Kcal
Fat - 1.4g
Carbs - 40.8g
Dietary Fibre - 10g
Salt - 1g